DES PERES EMPLOYEE WELLNESS BENEFITS(Full-time and Year Round Part-time Employees Only)
- FREE Lodge membership while employed with the City of Des Peres. Seasonal employees receive a free membership only for the duration of their seasonal employment (no family memberships discounts available). Employees will need to complete an employee application at The Lodge and verify City employment.
- FREE group exercise classes listed on the group exercise schedule for year round part-time and full-time employees. Please check-in with the front desk in order to take the class and show your Lodge membership card. Classes which have full registration are not available FREE to employees, but employees can still purchase one of the drop-in spots.
- Employees can purchase 3, 1hour sessions of personal training for $129. This is the only discounted personal training package available to City employees. For more information contact the Fitness Supervisor at 314.835.6153 to schedule sessions.
- Employees pay only $35 for the Get Tanked program that we offer 3 times a year
- FREE Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculation Tools - Contact the Fitness Supervisor at 314.835.6153 to schedule an appointment
BENEFITS OF ANNUAL WELLNESS EXAMSFor most people, annual physicals have been replaced by periodic wellness exams based on age and general health. While it may be tempting to think of these visits as optional, they provide a unique opportunity for exchanging vital information with your doctor. A physical exam gives your doctor a basis for comparison as your physical
condition changes with age – and it gives you the chance to ask questions and build a relationship with your doctor.
During your checkup, you should expect both conversational probing and physical screenings for various conditions, as well as more general tests for body mass index (MBI) and to spot hearing loss or visual impairment. Together, these screenings represent a shift in focus from early diagnosis to prevention. read more and review wellness calendar